Levinia Crooks Emerging Leader Award
ASHM is proud to announce establishment of The Levinia Crooks Emerging Leader Award. This eponymous award honours the legacy of the late Adjunct Professor Levinia Crooks AM—a leader in public health and ASHM Chief Executive Officer from 1999-2017. An award will be given to recognise the outstanding work of an emerging leaders in the field of Blood borne viruses and STIs (BBV and STI). The award places importance on fostering emerging leaders to continue to develop leadership that is bold, innovative, inclusive and that inspires collaboration in the sector.
The inaugural awardees will accept their award at the 2018 Australasian HIV&AIDS Conference where they will also deliver a 15-minute oration. The awardee receives conference registration and funding for travel and accommodation.
Members of ASHM are invited to nominate one person for the Award. The nominee does not need to be a member of the organisation and may be from any discipline in BBV and STI (both clinical and non-clinical). Individuals may also self-nominate.
- Nominate an emerging leader working in the field of BBV and STI [Nominations close 3 August 2018]
For more information, please see here
The ASHM Scholarship Program
The Australasian Society for HIV, Viral Hepatitis and Sexual Health Medicine (ASHM) – as a peak organisation of health professionals in Australia and New Zealand who work in HIV, viral hepatitis and sexually transmissible infections (STIs), established in 2015 the ASHM Scholarship Program that provides a variety of scholarships to assist ASHM members, affiliates and others in the HIV, viral hepatitis and sexual health sector to attend national and international conferences to support their continuing professional development.
To be eligible you must:
- Be living and working in Australia
Priority will be given to:
- From smaller centres managing patients with HIV or at risk of HIV
- Those who do not have access to other funding
- Who meet the above criteria who have not attended this conference or other overseas HIV conferences before
- Applicants who have not received funding from ASHM in the past, particularly in the last 2 years.
Only apply for a scholarship if you do not have access to the following:
- Funds from a research grant to cover attendance at this meeting
- Access to professional development funds available through your employer, such as health department and university funds
- Funding from a pharmaceutical or other industry partners
- Financial support through a research grant
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday 5 August 2018
ASHM Scholarships available for healthcare workers from Pacific
ASHM is pleased to again offer the Alere Educational Scholarship to support the continued learning of healthcare workers in the HIV and sexual health field within the Pacific. Included in this scholarship is registration to attend the 2018 Australasian HIV&AIDS Conference, return economy airfare, accommodation and per diem.
The Scholarship is open to laboratory scientists and other healthcare professionals working in HIV and sexual health in Papua New Guinea and the Pacific Islands.
If you are having problems with the download, cut and paste the following URL into your web browser: http://bit.ly/AlereScholarship2018
Complete and return your application to email@example.com
Applications close 17:00 AEST on Friday 27th July 2018